Indian Ancient History MCQ For Competitive Exam
Indian Ancient History MCQ is most important for your exams. In this post, I will share with you the top trending Ancient Indian History MCQ for your Competitive Exam which will help you a lot.
In this post, you will find the latest version of questions that are always asked in various Competitive Exams like UPSC, WBCS, SSC CGL, Railway, and other State PSC. Here we specially designed for Indian Ancient History MCQ questions. So let’s start now-
Indian Ancient History MCQ For Competitive Exam:
1. The concept of Eight-fold path forms which of the following themes?
(C) Mahaparinibban Sutta
(D) Dharma Chakara Pravarta
ANS: (D) Dharma Chakara Pravarta
2. Which one of the following scripts of ancient India was written from right to left?
ANS: (D) Kharoshti
3. Which one of the following was a Saiva sect in ancient India?
ANS: (A) Ajivika
4. Who among the following is known for his work on medicine during the Gupta period?
ANS: (D) Susrutha
5. Which of the following rivers is most mentioned in early Vedic literature?
ANS: (A) Sindhu
6. By which of the following The term Yavanapriya (mentioned in ancient Sanskrit texts) denoted?
(A) A fine variety of Indian muslin
(C) Damsels sent to the Greek court for the dance performance
ANS: (D) Pepper
- Also read:
7. Which of the following name by Ashoka is generally referred in his inscriptions?
(D) Debnampriya Priyadarsi
ANS: (D) Debnampriya Priyadarsi
8. Which one of the following important trade centers of ancient India was on the trade route connecting Kalyana with Vengi?
ANS: (A) Tagara
9. The name of the poet Kalidasa is mentioned in which of the following inscriptions?
(A) Allahabad pillar inscription
(B) Aihole inscription
(C) Alapadu grant
(D) Hanumakonda inscription
ANS: (B) Aihole inscription
10. Which of the following is the preaching mudra associated with the Buddha’s First Sermon at Sarnath?
ANS: (C) Dharmachakra
11. Which one of the following is the most fundamental difference between Mahayana Buddhism and Hinayana Buddhism?
(A) Emphasis on ahimsa
(B) Casteless society
(C) Worship of gods and goddesses
(D) Worship of stupa
ANS: (C) Worship of gods and goddesses
12. Which one of the following shows the earliest evidence of silver in India?
(A) Harappan culture
(B) Chalcolithic cultures of Western India
(C) Vedic texts
(D) Silver punch-marked coins
ANS: (A) Harappan culture
13. Which of the following refers to ‘perfect knowledge’ in Jainism?
ANS: (C) Kaivalya
14. The Buddhist sect Mahayana formally came into existence during the reign of which of the following emperors?
ANS: (D) Kanishka
15. Which one of the following is a Vedanga?
ANS: (C) Nirukta
16. In his works, Kalidasa exhibits a particular leaning towards the worship of which of the following gods?
ANS: (C) Durga
17. Which of the following clearly define Mitakshara?
(A) A work on astronomy
(B) A treatise on ancient Hindu law of inheritance
(C) An Agamic text
(D) A compendium on medicine
ANS: (B) A treatise on ancient Hindu law of inheritance
18. Which one of the following can be classified as a “Pratiloma Marriage”?
(A) A Brahmin girl marrying a Sudra boy
(B) A Sudra girl marrying a Brahmin boy
(C) A Brahmin girl marrying a Brahmin boy
(D) None of these
ANS: (A) A Brahmin girl marrying a Sudra boy
19. Which of the following is not a correct statement about Buddhist Canonical literature?
(A) Abhidhamma Pitaka was compiled in third Buddhist Council
(B) Digha Nikaya is a part of the Sutta Pitaka
(C) Vinaya Pitaka primarily deals with monastic rules for monks and nuns
(D) Sutta Pitaka deals with philosophy and psychology and lays down methods for training the mind
ANS: (D) Sutta Pitaka deals with philosophy and psychology and lays down methods for training the mind
20. In the stone age, the Microliths were most commonly found in which of the following ages?
ANS: (B) Mesolithic
If you find all questions which are Indian Ancient History MCQ are helpful for you, then share this post to your community and give them a little bit of opportunity for their upcoming Competitive Exam.
If you want more, then please visit my blog WBCS Guruji regular basis.